The Best Hamstring Stretches to Help Relieve Lower Back Pain!
For anyone suffering with Lower Back Pain, stretching often is very important. In particular, stretching the hamstring twice a day is one of the easiest things you can do to help provide relief. This is because if your hamstrings are tight, they can place extra stress on the lower back, which can lead to pain in the area. So keeping them loose and relaxed can be crucial for preventing any additional stress from causing even more pain.
Call 844-408-0462 to Schedule a Free Consultation!
Here are three simple hamstring stretches that can help reduce lower back pain:
Hamstring Stretch #1
- Lie down on your back. Keep one leg straight, and pull the other leg up to your chest.
- Straighten the bent knee so that the bottom of your foot is facing the ceiling.
- Hold the stretch for 30 seconds before slowly releasing, then repeat with the other leg.
Hamstring Stretch #2
- Sit in a sturdy chair, and scoot to the edge.
- While keeping one leg bent with the foot on the floor, stretch the other leg out in front of you so that the toes are pointed at the ceiling.
- Sit up straight, and slowly move your pelvis forward until you feel a light stretch on the back of the leg.
- Hold the position for 30 seconds, then repeat.
Hamstring Stretch #3
- Grab a towel and lie down on the floor
- Keep one leg straight, and wrap the towel around the back of the ankle on the other leg.
- While keeping the leg straight, pull it up using the towel until you feel a light stretch on the back of the leg.
- Hold this stretch for 30 seconds, then repeat again for the other leg.
Once you have been doing these stretches for a while, you will find that your hamstrings have actually lengthened. This decreases the stress on the lower back and reduces pain, and also improves mobility!
At The Illinois Back Institute we are dedicated to educating people, because we know that the more that you understand about your problem, the more likely you are to eliminate it. We specialize in Functional Disc Rehydration - a multi-disciplinary approach to making the back healthier without surgery, injections or medications.
If you would like to schedule a Free Back Pain Consultation, you can give us a call at 844-408-0462 or click here:
Also, if you would like to learn more about your back pain, or would like to know more about what we do and how our treatment works, we regularly hold Free Educational Seminars at each one of our clinics! To find out when the next seminar is and reserve a seat, click here:
If you found these stretches helpful, we also have a Free Email Series of Sciatica Stretches that can help with back and sciatica pain! To sign up for these Free Stretches, just fill out the form on this page!
Disclaimer: The content on this web site is for information purposes only and should never be used as the basis for diagnosis or treatment. We always recommend consulting a qualified professional before embarking on any form of self treatment or rehabilitation.
All content is protected by the usual copyright laws and cannot be used, stolen or reproduced for any purpose without Illinois Back Institute permission. Please feel free to call about anything although we are unable to give advice on any specific injuries or conditions over the phone.