Back Pain Diet Tip - Green Tea (With Recipes)
This week's Diet Tip of foods that are good for your back health is Green Tea! Green Tea is filled with all kinds of compounds and nutrients that are not only beneficial for your back, but also for many other parts of your body as well! Some people have even called it the healthiest drink on the planet.
But why is Green Tea so good for you?
- It is filled with powerful antioxidants, including one of the most powerful ones known to exist called Epigallocatechin Gallete. Antioxidants help protect cells and molecules from damage, including your back, and may even help with aging and fighting diseases.
- Green Tea increases metabolism and fat burning, which in turn helps you lose weight. This is of course helpful because the less weight your back has to support, the better it will feel.
- It can lower blood sugar levels, which may lower your risk of developing Diabetes
- Green Tea also protects your brain, helps your heart, may fight Cancer, and lower your risk of developing Alzheimer's or Parkinson's Disease
One of the best things about Green Tea is that you can drink it however you prefer: room temperature, hot, cold, chilled, or even as a smoothie. Here are a couple easy and tasty recipes for Green Tea that you may enjoy. This first recipe is for an iced version:
Iced Green Tea with Ginger and Mint (pictured above)
- 6 Green Tea bags
- 1 Cup Mint Leaves
- 3 Ounces Ginger, sliced and unpeeled
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
Pour 6 cups of water and the ginger into a large pot, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add in the tea bags and most of the mint (save a few leaves for when the tea is ready to serve), then cover the pot and let it steep for 15 minutes. Strain the mixture into a large container, add the honey and lemon juice, and stir. Put the tea in the refrigerator and let it chill. Serve the tea in glasses with ice cubes and the rest of the mint leaves. Enjoy!
This recipe is for a tasty smoothie that is great for a breakfast on the go. Prepare it the night before and leave it in the fridge until you are ready to drink!
Green Tea, Raspberry and Banana Smoothie
- 1½ Cups Green Tea (preferably chilled)
- 2 Cups Frozen Unsweetened Raspberries
- 1 Banana
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
Simple: put all the ingredients into a blender and mix to your desired consistency. Then chill the smoothie in the refrigerator until you're ready to drink!
This is just one of the many different diet tips we have on foods that can improve your back health. If you would like to receive more tips in your email, just fill out the form on this page!
The Illinois Back Institute is dedicated to educating people, because we know that the more that you understand about your problem, the more likely you are to eliminate it!
If you are suffering from lower back pain or any other type of back pain or sciatica, we can help! You can schedule a Free Consultation by calling 844-374-9844, or clicking here:
Disclaimer: The content on this web site is for information purposes only and should never be used as the basis for diagnosis or treatment. We always recommend consulting a qualified professional before embarking on any form of self treatment or rehabilitation.
All content is protected by the usual copyright laws and cannot be used, stolen or reproduced for any purpose without Illinois Back Institute permission. Please feel free to call about anything although we are unable to give advice on any specific injuries or conditions over the phone.