Struggling with back pain is something nobody wants to do. Luckily, there are many things that can be done to reduce the pain and make every day a day you can enjoy. Furthermore, if you are someone who sits all day on their office chair or car seat, this blog post is for you! Here you will find cushions that will relieve back pain tremendously and let you live the life you deserve.Read More
The Ultimate Back Pain Relief Tips Blog
If you experience pain shooting down your legs, the most important thing to do is to ascertain the correct cause. Mis-diagnosis can lead to worsening of the pain, as well as time, money and effort spent trying incorrect treatments. The sheer number of possible causes of pain shooting down legs makes guessing at the cause an unlikely proposition, so you should seek expert medical health in addition to your own research.
Your #8 Sciatica Stretch is the Hip Flexor Stretch. The hip flexor is made up of the psoas and illiacus muscles; collectively called the iliopsoas muscle. These muscles are attached to the pelvis and lumbar spine. Therefore, if these muscles are tight, it will alter posture and body mechanics. Prolong sitting will increase tightness in the hip flexor muscles. Therefore, it is important to increase flexibility of the iliopsoas muscle in order to decrease severity of low back pain and sciatica symptoms.
Are you suffering from a pinched sciatic nerve? Here are some things you can do to relieve the pain.
- Occasionally, sciatica is caused by the overuse or strain of muscles. When this occurs, one of the best pain relief you will find is a professional massage. It is important to find a modality or style of massage that suits your tastes as there a number out there. It is also just as important to find a therapist you are comfortable working with and is able to customize the session to your needs and wants. During the massage, the massage therapist will focus on the lower back, buttocks, legs and feet.
- When you are at home, you can try to use a tennis ball or other massage device like the Sacrowedgy to help relieve the pain. When using the tennis ball, simply lie flat on your back on the floor. Once you are comfortably lying on the floor, place a tennis ball under your back in the affected area. This may feel intense and it is important to breathe.
- Use a heating pad for twenty minutes as needed on a low or medium setting. Heat will help relax the muscles. Alternate with ice to help reduce inflammation. Hold the ice for ten to twenty minutes.
- Exercise and stretching is known to be beneficial for pinched sciatic nerve pain. Some great options include yoga, Pilates and even taking a short walk. Exercise helps increase endorphins, which help relieve pain.
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water to reduce adhesions forming in the muscles and
Stretches for Pinched Sciatic Nerve
Before trying these at home, be sure to speak with your health care professional or have a personal trainer walk you through the steps.
- Piriformis stretch- Having a tight Piriformis is often the cause of sciatica pain. A simple stretch you can do at home is to lie flat on the floor with your legs straight. Then pull your ankle to the opposite shoulder.
- Stretching your hamstrings helps relieve the stress on your low back and relieves sciatic nerve pain. A simple stretch to perform is to sit on the floor with your legs in a v-shape. Keep your legs straight with your knees glued to the floor. Then twist your shoulders and try to touch your toes. Do this on each side to stay balanced.
- The fire log pose is a yoga position that is beneficial for sciatic pain. The pose focuses on stretching the outer hips and Piriformis.