Most people who suffer from back pain or sciatica would do almost anything to make sure the pain does not return. The good news is that you can find pain relief by changing your lifestyle in some small ways. Learning new ways of doing some activities and modifying the things you do now can reduce the stress on your back, which helps to lessen your pain and discomfort!
Call 844-408-0462 to Schedule a Free Consultation
Consider the following lifestyle changes to help prevent back pain and sciatica from recurring:
- Fix Your Posture! Your posture can have a very big effect on your back pain, so it is important to always remember to sit up straight. Also try to stretch often, and perform some basic exercises to help improve your posture.
- Don't Stress Out! Stress can cause muscle tension that can hurt the immune system. Try to find a technique that can help you to reduce your stress levels, such as yoga, breathing techniques, meditation, etc.
- Lose weight! It is pretty obvious that the more weight your back has to support, the more stress is placed on it. Try some low impact exercises to help you lose weight without hurting your back.
- Stop smoking! Smoking decreases the amount of oxygen being circulated in the blood, so believe it or not it affects every part of the body. Because of this, smokers take longer to heal from injuries.
- Be aware of your environment! This is just a reminder that if you have back pain, you need to think twice before doing anything because even things you are used to doing may cause further pain. Be careful when standing up. Don't twist at all. Avoid lifting heavy objects. Make sure you are sleeping correctly, and getting enough sleep.
These tips may not seem like a big deal, but they can actually have a huge impact on the health of your back!
At The Illinois Back Institute we are dedicated to educating people, because we know that the more that you understand about your problem, the more likely you are to eliminate it.
If you need help with your back pain and sciatica and you would like to schedule a Free Back Pain Consultation, you can give us a call at 844-408-0462 or click here:
Also, if you would like to learn more about your back pain, or would like to know more about what we do and how our treatment works, we regularly hold Free Educational Seminars at each one of our clinics! To find out when the next seminar is and reserve a seat, click here:
All content is protected by the usual copyright laws and cannot be used, stolen or reproduced for any purpose without Illinois Back Institute permission. Please feel free to call about anything although we are unable to give advice on any specific injuries or conditions over the phone.