Stretching is very important for anyone suffering with Lower Back Pain. In particular, stretching the Hamstring twice a day is one of the easiest things you can do to help provide relief. If your hamstrings are tight, they place extra stress on the lower back. So keeping them loose is crucial for preventing the additional stress from causing even more pain.
Here are three simple hamstring stretches that can help reduce lower back pain:
Call 844-408-0462 to Schedule a Free Consultation!
Hamstring Stretch #1
- Lie down on your back. Keep one leg straight, and pull the other leg up to your chest.
- Straighten the bent knee so that the bottom of your foot is facing the ceiling.
- Hold the stretch for 30 seconds before slowly releasing, then repeat with the other leg.
Hamstring Stretch #2
- Sit in a sturdy chair, and scoot to the edge.
- While keeping one leg bent with the foot on the floor, stretch the other leg out in front of you so that the toes are pointed at the ceiling.
- Sit up straight, and slowly move your pelvis forward until you feel a light stretch on the back of the leg.
- Hold the position for 30 seconds, then repeat.
Hamstring Stretch #3
- Grab a towel and lie down on the floor
- Keep one leg straight, and wrap the towel around the back of the ankle on the other leg.
- While keeping the leg straight, pull it up using the towel until you feel a light stretch on the back of the leg.
- Hold this stretch for 30 seconds, then repeat again for the other leg.
Once you have been doing these stretches for a while, you will find that your hamstrings have actually lengthened. This decreases the stress on the lower back and reduces pain, and also improves mobility!
The Illinois Back Institute is dedicated to educating people, because we know that the more that you understand about your problem, the more likely you are to eliminate it!
If you are suffering from lower back pain or any other type of back pain or sciatica, we can help! You can schedule a Free Consultation by calling 844-408-0462, or clicking here:
Or, if you would like to learn even more about Back Pain and what you can do to eliminate it, we regularly hold Free Educational Seminars at each one of our clinics! At these seminars you will meet some of the staff at the Illinois Back Institute and learn how to relieve back pain and sciatica without any drugs or surgery! To find out when the next seminar is for each clinic and reserve a seat, click here:
Also, if you enjoyed these stretches, you might be interested in our Free Series of Sciatica Stretches! These stretches can help anyone suffering from Sciatica and Back Pain to relieve their pain! To sign up for the Free Stretches, click here:
All content is protected by the usual copyright laws and cannot be used, stolen or reproduced for any purpose without Illinois Back Institute permission. Please feel free to call about anything although we are unable to give advice on any specific injuries or conditions over the phone.