If you suffer with back pain and sciatica, chances are that you would do almost anything to relieve that pain and also help prevent it from returning. Often times it is parts of our lifestyles that are contributing to our back pain. Fortunately, just changing some of these parts can help you to find relief. By modifying the way you currently perform activities, or learning new ways of doing them, you can reduce stress on your back and lessen your pain!
To help relieve and prevent back pain and sciatica, consider following these lifestyle changes:
1. Reduce stress! When you are stressed your muscles tend to become tense, and that tension can hurt your immune system and cause pain. So it is important to find a way to calm yourself. Some suggestions include breathing techniques, meditation, or yoga.
2. Posture is important! It can have a significant impact on the health of your back, so it is vital to remember to stretch as often as possible and also sit up straight at all times. Also consider doing some basic exercises that can improve your posture.
3. Be aware of how you are moving! Certain movements can cause damage to your back, so if you have back pain and sciatica you need to be extra careful to avoid moving in ways that can hurt you. For instance, some of the most important things to remember is to avoid lifting anything heavy, be careful when standing up, and DO NOT twist your back at all! It's also important that you are getting enough sleep, and that you are not sleeping in a bad position that can hurt your back.
4. If you are a smoker, try to stop! Because smoking decreases the amount of oxygen being circulated in your bloodstream, it makes it harder for the body to heal from injuries. This affects the entire body, including the back!
5. Lose some weight if possible! It goes without saying that the more you weigh, the more pressure and stress you put on your back to support you. This can lead to a greater chance of back injury. Some low impact exercises can help make the weight come off without hurting your back.
These tips may seem minor, but they can make a big difference in regards to back pain and sciatica!
At the Illinois Back Institute we strive to educate people as much as possible about their back, neck, and sciatica pain, because it has been proven that the more people know about their pain the more likely they will be to get rid of it!
Our 9 Step Solution specializes in treating the causes of back pain and sciatica. Are you ready to put an end to your pain? Schedule a Free Consultation by calling us at 844-408-0462 or click here!
All content is protected by the usual copyright laws and cannot be used, stolen or reproduced for any purpose without Illinois Back Institute permission. Please feel free to call about anything although we are unable to give advice on any specific injuries or conditions over the phone.