Responding to symptoms, instead of treating the underlying problem simply prolongs your agony.
Eventually, 85% of the population will experience back pain and if you are one of them you need to know how to manage your pain. If you don't manage it them properly the effects on your life and more importantly the effect on the quality of your life can be devastating.
Back pain can change your life in devastating ways if you are not careful.
When you first experience back pain your thoughts might be, well this is not good but i will get better so no big deal. The problem with this thought is that without being proactive and doing the right thing you may make some decisions that could be the wrong decisions. This blog is designed to help you navigate the territory.
I am going to talk about different treatments and the trends surrounding these treatments. The medical profession is getting more aggressive with back pain treatments and the net effect is that back pain is getting worse.
Recent Polls indicate what we want, but we are not getting it.
Recently Gallup international conducted the world’s largest opinion poll to identify what mattered most to people. The responses are what you might expect. The top 2 were number 2 was have a happy family and number one is to have good health.
The Problem is that back pain interferes with the lives of too many. Like anything in life if you want something it takes effort. When you put effort into understanding your spine the result is a better life. But without effort the results speack for themselves.......
- 85% of us (me included and mine was bad) experience a back problems at some time in our lives.
- 31 million experiences back pain right now.... and their back pain is not getting better. A little advice from me; "if your back pain is not getting better its actually getting worse."
For some people the pains are debilitating.
- One half of all working Americans admit to having back pain each year.
- Back Pain is the number one reason for people. Missing work.
- It’s the number one cause of activity limitation abound those under 45.
- At least 7.6 million people have back problems that make it impossible for them to work.
- Back problems are the second leading cause of disability in America.
If our goal is to have good health, these stats indicate that we are missing the mark by too much. Back pain can be devastating, it can change lives and in some cases destroy lives. What seems simple in the beginning can become complicated real fast. My goal in life is to help people better understand back pain and live a smarter life when they have back pain.
It almost ruined my life and I found a way out you too can find a way out. You just need to know what you are up against. This is going to be a progressive collection of blogs that i hope to have to you over the next few weeks.
If you have back pain a good place to start is to with our top ten tips. This is a collection of simple things you might be doing wrong every day, if you do them right you can eliminate the possibility of serious problems.
This is part one of a multiple part series.