Everyday activities that seem like nothing can put strain on your back. For example making your bed can require you to do a lot of bending, twisting and turning. These different moves can easily trigger your back pain. There are certain precautions that one should to avoid back pain while making the bed.
How to avoid back pain while making your bed:
- Do NOT lean across or down to tuck in the sheets.
- Start by getting on your knees in the area you want to tuck in the sheets.
- Keep your back straight while on your knees. No twisting or turning.
- Continue you to go around the bed to tuck in the sheets while avoiding leaning.
- Use your core muscles!
- Fitted sheets and duvet covers tend to be easier to manage than blankets and flat sheets.
- Place pillow under one arm before placing the case on.
- Gather the pillowcase together, and fit it over the end.
- Then shake the pillow into the case.
- Don’t use your chin to pin the pillow to your chest because that puts the cervical spine in a bad position.