Many of us spend most of day at work sitting in a chair. The way you sit can cause stress on your spine causing more back pain. It is important to know the proper way to sit so this doesn’t happen to you. Below are some tips on how to avoid back pain while sitting in a chair.
Avoid Back Pain While Sitting In Your Chair
- Relax when sitting into your chair.
- Make sure you have your bottom against the seat back with your shoulder blades touching the back rest of the chair.
- Make sure your feet touch the floor. If they don’t reach the floor put a foot stool under them.
- There should be space between the front of your seat and back of your calves.
- Your hips should be higher than your knees.
- Arms should be flat and your elbows level with the desk or table you are using.
- Use a seat with arm rests.
- Stretch and take frequent breaks.
Right Way to Getting Out of a Chair:
- Scoot to the edge of your seat
- Place your feet under your body
- Stand up using your hips
Knowing the right way of getting in and out of your chair is important because we do it all day every day.