Lower back pain is very common among adults but typically, younger individuals are more likely to experience lower back pain due to muscle strain or from within the disc space itself.
Who is affected by lower back pain?
- Lower back pain is commonly caused by work related injures.
- Lower back pain can be age related usually beginning in people around 30 to 50 years old.
- Spinal injuries due to an accident can be a cause of back pain.
- Lower back pain is more common in men than women.
- Smoking can be a factor in your lower back pain.
- If you are constantly lifting heavy objects.
- If you are under stress.
- Poor physical condition.
Lower Back Symptoms may include:
- Difficulty moving.
- Pain so severe it is impossible to walk or stand.
- Soreness when touched.
- Achy and dull pain.
- Muscle spasms.
- Radiating pain that moves around the buttocks, upper thigh, and groin.
- Pain that rarely travels below the knee or down the leg.