Today's Diet Tip about foods that can help relieve your back pain is Fish! There's a good chance that you have heard fish (and/or fish oil) can be good for you. There's one simple reason why: it's because they contain something called Omega-3 Fatty Acids. And while your first reaction is that there is no way something called a fatty acid could be good for you, Omega-3's are a great way to relieve pain!
Omega-3 Fatty Acids reduce inflammation in the body, and have shown to help reduce pain in chronic neck and back pain sufferers. One study showed that people who take a daily dose of Omega-3 supplements experienced a decrease in back pain and were able to reduce the amount of pain relievers they need to take each day. Some people were even able to stop taking pain pills altogether!
Below is a tasty recipe for Salmon, which is one of the fish with the highest concentration of Omega-3's:
Wild Salmon with Ginger and Green Onions
- 6 four-ounce pieces of wild salmon
- 2 bunches green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 pounds bok choy or Chinese broccoli
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1. In a hot saute pan, add the green onions. Brown them slightly and add 1 cup water. Cook until tender.
2. Brush the salmon filets with the sesame oil. Top with the chopped ginger. Place in a 375 degree F. oven for 8-10 minutes. Place the cooked green onions on top of the salmon pieces.
3. Saute the chopped garlic in a pan until tender. Add the bok choy, season with salt and pepper and toss with the soy sauce.
At the Illinois Back Institute we strive to educate people as much as possible about their back, neck, and sciatica pain, because it has been proven that the more people know about their pain the more likely they will be to get rid of it!
Our 9 Step Solution specializes in treating the causes of back pain and sciatica. Are you ready to put an end to your pain? Schedule a Free Consultation by calling us at 844-408-0462 or click here!
Also, if you would like to learn more about how we can eliminate your back, neck, and sciatica pain, you can join us for our Back Pain and Sciatica Relief Webinar! Just click on the link below for information on the Webinar and how to register for it:
All content is protected by the usual copyright laws and cannot be used, stolen or reproduced for any purpose without Illinois Back Institute permission. Please feel free to call about anything although we are unable to give advice on any specific injuries or conditions over the phone.