If you have been living with lower back pain, you have probably already tried to solve the problem in various ways. People with back pain do not require a lot of pushing in order to try new things because their pain is impossible to ignore. There are some exercises for healing stenosis naturally. These methods can start to heal you right away and will not cost you any money.
What Is Spinal Stenosis?
Spinal stenosis is a frequent cause of lower back pain. Your spinal cord is contained in a long canal that runs through your backbone. Sometimes this canal narrows and squeezes the spinal tissue. Since the nerves that control movement and sensation travel in this cord, any pressure can result in numbness, pain or even paralysis. For a long time, this has been a difficult medical problem to handle because there did not seem to be any way for someone to expand the width of this passage and remove pressure on the spine.
Solutions and Exercises for Healing Spinal Stenosis Naturally
If you are like other victims of this malady, you may have swallowed more non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) than you can count. You may have also tried surgery. These solutions usually provide temporary relief that comes with significant risks. Drugs always have side effects and any surgery runs a minimal risk of infection. Furthermore, the results of surgery are only temporary.
You also may not be aware of the exercises and other natural approaches to spinal stenosis that exist. Possibly, you are aware of these options but have not heard about their efficacy. Here are some methods for healing stenosis naturally.
- Lateral Trunk Rotations - You can do these exercises before you get out of bed in the morning. Lie on your back and raise up your knees. Keeping your knees together, rotate just your lower body left and right about 45 degrees. Hold your joined knees in place at the end of each turn before returning to the middle and rotating the other way. You may want to start with just a few reps at first and build up to 10 or 20 later on. It will be uncomfortable at first but it will minimize the stiffness that you are accustomed to feeling every morning before you get out of bed.
- Double Knee Hugs - Still lying on your back, bring your knees up to your chest and simply hold them there. This is not very taxing but it is very helpful. It opens spaces in your spine and temporarily relieves pressure on the nerves. Hold your knees there for five seconds at first and work your way up to holds as long as 20 seconds.
- Single Knee Hugs - This is based on the same idea as the previous exercise but involves just one knee at a time. These exercises create slightly different spaces though and work muscles in different ways. Alternate between knees and build up the length of time that you sustain the holds.
- Ergonomics - This is also an easy exercise that can have a huge impact on your recovery. Forcing yourself, at every moment, to use good posture is an exercise. Try it for a day and you will see how tiring it is. Keep your back as straight as it was meant to be rather than hunch over your computer or the wheel of your car. The best medicine for your back is proper alignment.
- Functional Disc Rehyrdration - Healthy discs are flexible, and their nucleus are filled with gel, providing cushions between vertebrae. A worn down spine or disc, has little fluid and becomes “dehydrated.” Functional Disc Rehydration™ is an effective, non-invasive, non-surgical, drug-free back pain treatment that actually reverses disc degeneration and allows for a larger opening to the spinal cord, this truly provides a stronger, healthier back. It’s a simple approach to making the back healthier without surgery, injections or medications.
Using these approaches will help lead you to healing stenosis naturally every day. They are not time consuming will see results more quickly than with any other solution.